Customer Support Rep.
If you're a good communicator and enjoy helping people, this could be an ideal job for you. As a customer service representative and advisor, you would deal with customer enquiries and any complaints. You would often be a customer's first point of contact in Cubex.
You could deal with customers face-to-face, or you might help them over the phone or by email. Good 'people skills', a friendly approach and excellent communication skills are all needed in this career.
Your responsibilities and daily tasks include:
- answering customer enquiries or passing them on to another department
- giving information and helping to solve problems
- answer technical questions and explain nature of services and products' features
- arranging services for customers, such as booking support technical tickets or setting up training meetings
- handling complaints and passing them on to a manager if required
- entering customer information onto Cubex business management systems
- taking payment for goods or services
- giving refunds.
In a full-time job you would usually work between 35 to 40 hours a week. You may be assigned to evening or night shifts. Depending on scheduled shifts, you may work from an office or a customer service desk. In office jobs you would spend a lot of your time on the telephone and using a computer. The working environment can be very busy. You may need to wear a uniform, particularly if and when assigned to service desks.
Skills, interests and qualities
To become a customer service assistant at Cubex, you will need to have:
- a genuine interest in helping customers
- excellent communication skills
- the ability to work as part of a team
- a polite, thoughtful and friendly attitude
- patience and calmness under pressure
- the ability to handle complaints and difficult situations
- computer and administration skills
- basic maths skills.